This slow cooker soup is flavorful, creamy and perfect for a cold winter day or to throw together quickly in the morning for an easy weeknight dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-7 hours in the slow cooker
Servings: Makes 8 (1¼ cup servings)
Smart Points: 4 per serving (toppings extra)
For the Soup:
2-3 large chicken breasts raw, trimmed and thawed
1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
1 15.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 15.25 oz can corn drained
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
2 cups fat free chicken broth
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tbs taco seasoning
1 8 oz block light cream cheese
greek yogurt or sour cream
tortilla strips or tortilla chips
pico de gallo or salsa
- Pour all ingredients except the cream cheese into the slow cooker and set to low heat.
- Allow to cook for about 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred in a bowl using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add them to the slow cooker.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the cream cheese has melted completely into the soup when stirred.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.