This slow cooker stew is the perfect if you are under the weather and need to get some veggies in or if you are just trying to warm up on a cold winter day. I love meals I can just throw in the slow cooker, it makes life so much easier! This stew is not only Weight Watcher’s Smart Points Friendly, it is also Whole30 Compliant.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-6 hours in the slow cooker
Servings: Makes 6 (2 cup servings)
Smart Points: 2 per serving
For the Soup:
2 lbs or 2-3 large chicken breasts raw, trimmed and thawed
4 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
8 oz bag of fresh (or frozen) peas
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery
2 cups diced yellow onion
3 cups diced potatoes
2 tsp Bells poultry seasoning (or brand of choice)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Pour chicken broth into the slow cooker and set to low heat.
- Trim chicken and add it to the slow cooker.
- Dice all vegetables and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add seasonings and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Let cook for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred in a bowl using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Mix once more to incorporate the chicken back into the stew.